Recognized worldwide as a leading brand in digital imaging and innovations, Epson continues to exceed customer expectations with its wide range of high precision, energy-efficient products.
- Daiwa Kogyo Ltd. (the predecessor of Seiko Epson Corporation) is established on the shore of Lake Suwa in Nagano, Japan.
- The Seiko Group is selected as the official timekeeper for the Olympic Games in Tokyo. The compact tabletop quartz clock, Crystal Chronometer QC-951, and printing timer play important roles at the event.
- The EP-101, the world's first miniprinter, is launched, from which the Epson brand was later born.
- The Epson brand is established.
- Suwa Seikosha Co., Ltd. and Epson Corporation merge to establish Seiko Epson Corporation (SEC).
- Epson launches one of the world's first compact, full-color liquid crystal video projectors.
- Epson receives the Stratospheric Ozone Protection Award from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency for completely eliminating CFCs from manufacturing processes at all factories in Japan.
- The first inkjet printer equipped with Epson's Micro Piezo technology hits the market.
- Epson revolutionizes data projection with its acclaimed compact, high brightness, and high resolution projector.
- Epson established a representative office in the Philippines (EPRO) - the first sales and marketing company of SEC in the country. Its debut products were the Serial Impact Dot Matrix (SQ2550) and Inkjet Printer (Epson StylusTM 300).
- Epson Representative Office (EPRO) was upgraded to a full-fledged digital imaging solutions company -- Epson Philippines Corporation (EPC).
2000 - 2001
- Received from Epson Singapore Pte. Ltd (ESP) the Chairman's Award - Silver Category for high sales record;
- Became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Epson Singapore.
- EPC received Seiko Epson (Japan) President's Award for Excellence as a result of achieving 80% Sales on Ink Genuine Ratio.
- EPC received the ESP Chairman's Award - Gold Category for high sales record.
- For the second time, EPC received the President’s Award for being the top sales contributor in the region;
- Marks the highest sales in single function entry level inkjet printer (Epson Stylus C45) in the region and thus began a series of top selling figures on inkjet printers in the Philippine market.
- Epson participates in the United Nations Global Compact.
- Marks the year where the 1 million unit of Epson ink cartridge was sold.
- Was established as the "printer of choice" for one of the most historical photo exhibits in the Philippines entitled "Large 8 An Exhibit in Photo- Abstraction", participated in by 8 prestigious photographers: Bien Bautista, Ben Cab, Quincy Castillo, Emil Davocol, Pancho Escaler, Jojo Guingona, Wig Tysmans, and Jaime Zobel.
- Celebrated 10 years of exceeding customer expectations in the Philippines.
- Established the 2nd and largest Epson Solution Center in the South and South East Asia region.
- Launched the Epson Stylus® Office printers for small and medium businesses (SMEs).
- First in the region to initiate the 3LCD Technology Forum.
- Epson establishes the environmental positioning statement, 'Better Products for a Better Future'.
- Epson Philippines launched the Epson Solution Center in Cebu.
- Epson Philippines launched Epson Solution Center in Davao.
- Launched the revolutionary L-Series genuine ink tank system printers.
- Epson introduced five new models of the L-Series genuine ink tank system printers to offer customers more choices in terms of speed and reliability, while continuing to reduce ownership costs.